Are you an owner or manager of a lighthouse inn? Would you like to share your personal story of staying at a lighthouse? Please let me know at nelights@gmail.com.

Thursday, January 21, 2010

Getting to the Saugerties Lighthouse


I visited the Saugerties Lighthouse, on the Hudson River in New York, in late 2008 when I was working on my book The Lighthouse Handbook: Hudson River and New York Harbor. I was very impressed by this restored lighthouse. It's beautifully and appropriately furnished -- one of the most attractive lighthouse properties I've ever visited. It's also one of the small number of American lighthouses that offers overnight stays; see www.saugertieslighthouse.com for details.




Here's a video description on how to get to the Saugerties Lighthouse, posted by YouTube user "rnjvideo" --

No comments:

Post a Comment